CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bridgeport info

"R.Dean, Nr Atlanta, GA" wrote:

> From: "R.Dean, Nr Atlanta, GA" <cmsteam@...>
>
> Tommy, that is VERY USEFUL info, thankyou. If you have any more
> Bridgeport cnc specs please post. I'm beginning the conversion
> of a M head, round ram machine and the questions are coming to
> light. I am pondering converting the M head to stepper. The knee
> on this one is very hard to lift, besides, I need very little Z
> axis movement anyway. Has anyone done an M head? Rich Dean

Well, almost. I had a 1941 M-head machine, SN 1388. I replaced
the M head with a J, and it was a huge improvement. The great
availability of R-8 arbors and end mill holders is a big advantage.

But, it was a round-ram machine of similar vintage to yours. You can
see how I made the Z drive on my web pages. You can also look at
some of the other details. I adapted 2 axis drives I already had, and
just had to mount them on the machine.

See my web pages at :
http://ascc.artsci.wustl.edu/~jmelson/CNCconv.html

tommym6@x... 1999-07-26 17:24:54 UTC Bridgeport info R.Dean, Nr Atlanta, GA 1999-07-27 06:38:41 UTC Re: Bridgeport info Jon Elson 1999-07-26 22:06:29 UTC Re: Bridgeport info