CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] OTmakin' babies was Re: Re: Digitizers, Renishaw

Posted by Ian Wright
From: <ballendo@...>

> Ian Wrote:
> >I guess this is perhaps lucky in view of the attempts to patent the
> >human genome or we wouldn't be able to make babies!!
>
> Ian,
>
> We can still make them for ourselves, right? Just can't sell 'em. Or
> do we have to discover a new 'method' of manufacture? :-)

Hi,

I think so but Smoke's original suggestion that making things that are
patented is taboo made me wonder. All this recent rush to patent biological
things is a bit worrying and I can't see how it can really be justified on
ethical or moral grounds. However, I guess they haven't got at babies yet or
the government would have jumped straight on the bandwagon and patented the
process for themselves..... "Excuse me sir, do you have a bonking license?
I'm sorry sir, this appears to be out of date, you'll have to put that woman
down and come with me. You're in for a big fine and a month in solitary
confinement wearing boxing gloves!!!"

Ian
--
Ian W. Wright
Sheffield UK

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2001-01-06 16:35:10 UTC OTmakin' babies was Re: Re: Digitizers, Renishaw Ian Wright 2001-01-07 02:47:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] OTmakin' babies was Re: Re: Digitizers, Renishaw Smoke 2001-01-07 14:44:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] OTmakin' babies was Re: Re: Digitizers, Renishaw