CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: What is everyone doing, building, wanting to learn?

gmaithonis@... wrote:

> Tim,
>
> I am one of the silent majority on this list. I have read all the
> pertinent contributions to my cause for the last ten months and have
> learned many things.
> I am the proud owner of a Bridgeport Series I CNC Boss 6 rigid ram
> three stepper motor (x,y,z) vertical knee mill.
>
> My plan is as follows:
> 1. Build a phase converter, for which I have obtained the components
> and plans already (10 HP).
> 2. Attempt to fire up the mill with its existing Boss 6 control,

This may not work too well. Motors run fine on phase converters, but a number
of machine controls that run off 3 phase power do not like the imbalanced
voltages from a phase converter. Has anyone done this on a BOSS 6?

Jon Anderson 2001-01-07 11:44:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: What is everyone doing, building, wanting to learn? Rich D. 2001-01-07 12:13:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] What is everyone doing, building, wanting to learn? Jon Elson 2001-01-07 19:56:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: What is everyone doing, building, wanting to learn?