CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: What is everyone doing, building, wanting to learn?

Posted by Jon Anderson
on 2001-01-07 11:44:50 UTC
Tim Goldstein wrote:

> A package that has gotten good reviews is Ahha. Turnkey and well
> supported, but I don't think it is Windows based.

Not windows based, and I wouldn't recommend running under windows.
Bill Griffin helped me get it going under W95 on another computer when I
was trying to find the source of my lost steps (it was the computer I'd
been using). This involved setting up a shortcut, and specifying the
Autoexec.bat and Config.sys paramenters and a few other things to run it
as a DOS mode program.
Got it working, sort of, enough to show it wasn't losing steps anymore,
but I ran into a huge problem, a runaway! Don't recall exactly how it
happened, but since stepper systems normally can't runaway, it was
obviously a software issue. Was rather exciting as I didn't have an
E-STOP button, had to run around the side of the machine and manually
kill power to the drivers.

Which brings up what I'm doing now, putting together a proper power
supply and cabinet to house it and the drivers, which is almost done.
Next is Bill Griffin's I/O rail and an upgrade to Artisan (from Pro) and
full integration of spindle control, limit switches, coolant, and a
-proper- E-STOP!

Jon Anderson 2001-01-07 11:44:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: What is everyone doing, building, wanting to learn? Rich D. 2001-01-07 12:13:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] What is everyone doing, building, wanting to learn? Jon Elson 2001-01-07 19:56:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: What is everyone doing, building, wanting to learn?