CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] reflections on g-code

on 2001-01-09 12:40:22 UTC
Ray,

Thanks for the comments in this and your past postings. Looks like
there are TONS of parameters to set up full sized machines! I'm still
wading through RS274 and NIST documents, but making progress. Variables
using #'s or V's implemented vary easily, and I started looking at an
old expression evaluator I had. Not so simple. Nearly every character
must be token, and each one passed to the expression evaluator
separately. so (3.00 * 4.50) gets EVERY SINGLE character passed for
eval and pushed on the expression stack. Much more complicated to parse
a block of Gcode! that one I'll have to think about for a while! Would
be fine for a "fill in the blank". I'll see what I can do with named
variables.

Alan KM6VV