CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: No Foolin Pendant

on 2001-01-09 12:56:19 UTC
I wonder if they had this type of use in mind when they designed this
keypad. I will order one of these ASAP for my small CNC system in my
small garage shop. The Genovation site indicates that the PC will
boot without a regular keyboard attached, only the keypad. If that is
the case then you could set the PC up to boot and start CNCPro,
DeskNC or what ever and not even have a regular keyboard attached.
You might need a macro to copy gcode files from the floppy to the hard
drive, or maybe not.

Great find.

John Guenther

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, Joe Vicars <jvicars@c...> wrote:
> I just bought a 24 key programable keypad from Genovation. It
is
> fully programmable and works in DOS. In series with your standard
> keyboard. No drivers or anything. You just have to program it in
> windows and it's ready to go.
> It is now my "pendant" I can run CNCPro ALL COMMANDS with it.
This
> includes copying files etc. It is two level and like 50 character
> macros per key so there are really 48 keys. Only about 3" by 6". I
put
> it in a ziplock back for protection.
>
> Check it out. www.genovation.com model number 683
>
> P.S. I am not affiliated, just a satisfied customer. And don't try
> program it on a laptop, it won't work.

Discussion Thread

Joe Vicars 2001-01-09 09:10:23 UTC No Foolin Pendant Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-01-09 11:00:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] No Foolin Pendant John D. Guenther 2001-01-09 12:56:19 UTC Re: No Foolin Pendant Joe Vicars 2001-01-09 14:22:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: No Foolin Pendant Jon Elson 2001-01-09 15:07:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: No Foolin Pendant