CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] diamond drag wasRe: Re: Any exciting on topic Christmas presents?

Posted by Rich D.
on 2001-01-13 16:02:43 UTC
Ballendo,
I appreciate the thought. Turns out, I'm a commercial engraver myself.
The diamond drag tool is rather a blunt instrument.
For the CNC scratch tool we have a very sharp narrow angle tip that
leaves a fine line such as you would find on scrimshaw. A local
miniature tool maker uses CNC to do this very technique on his production
pieces in old ivory and bone.
Rich D.