CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: re:proper steppers

Posted by Roman Black
on 2001-01-15 08:10:36 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, ballendo@y... wrote:
> Roman,
>
> What pulse rate (Steps Per Second) will we need to achieve this?
> I think THIS will be the/a limiting factor!
>
> (with the controller software currently available. Once the smart or
> dumb box gets here, things may be different)
>
> I'm assuming you mean to say that the 20rps to 30rps is the UPPER
> limit to the speed?
>
> Ballendo

Yes 20rps (1200rpm) to 30rps will be around the
top speed, unless people convince me they need
more. I would like to see the driver compare
favorably with servos, at least within price
constraints.

Just to reverse the question, my PC software
has no problems outputing 40kHz step rates,
do many people have limits on step rates? And
what limit?
-Roman

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2001-01-14 16:20:29 UTC re:proper steppers Roman Black 2001-01-15 08:10:36 UTC Re: re:proper steppers