CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Vector CAD/CAM and CNCpro for Bill

on 2001-01-16 11:28:19 UTC
Bill,

I'll keep that in mind. Yes, if you're used to 2D drawings, you'll
want to get into a 3D frame of mind! (pun intended) Even 'tho my simple
parts are mostly 2D, the parts are now drawn in 3D, so that depths are
figured in for cuts, holes, etc.

Another example would be the "legs" for my steam engine. They are
trapezoids, big on bottom, small on top, at a 69 degree angle. I
"constructed" them in a full 3D drawing along with the cylinder block
and the "feet" in place. Then I shifted to the plane of a leg to get
it's dimensions. The ends are cut at angles, and the feet have an
angled notch in them.

I also found that I could plan and calculate the valve train and stroke
(automotive type rod and crank) in 3D.

As for CNCpro, I haven't ran any hardware, but I have explored it's
interface and ran "simulated" cuts. That will have to wait until I have
step/direction hardware!

Alan KM6VV

wanliker@... wrote:

> In a message dated 1/10/01 3:50:14 PM Mountain Standard Time, KM6VV@...
> writes:
>
> <<
> I definitely SECOND Tim's recommendation of Vector CAD/CAM. Good
> support from Fred, and the Vector Forum! Runs Great!
> >>
> I have used the demo to make a few drawings, and am not waiting for the
> software and license to get it going again. I hope there is good
> documentation for doing the 3 D stuff, there was nothing in the demo.
> I assume that a lot of the drawing will have to be 3D is there are three axis
> to mill.
> Any hints and kinks you want to send to me, or post on the list, better,
> would be greatly appreciated. Have you worked with the CNCPRO program at all?
> bill

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-01-16 11:28:19 UTC Re: Vector CAD/CAM and CNCpro for Bill