CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]

Posted by dave engvall
on 2001-01-17 11:18:32 UTC
Ian Wright wrote:

I think the nicest 'old wives tale' regarding glass that I have seen was in

> a book of 'recommendations' for 'practical mechanics' which said that you
> can cut glass with scissors provided it is done under water.!
>
> Ian

Yeh, sure and I walk on water also but only when it is well frozen.( and the frozen layer is thick).

Nevertheless there is something to the water thing. Scratch a piece of glass tubing or a plate of glass (diamond scribe, etc) and
then put a drop of water on the glass. It is supposed to change the local structure enough to make the crack start easier.

Dave

Discussion Thread

dave engvall 2001-01-17 11:18:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]