CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: re Ballscrews/linear drive

on 2001-01-18 08:43:31 UTC
I thought about that. I could even set it so in case of power loss,
the valves set to open the doors. However, their needs to be an air
compressor somewhere nearby that will come on at inconvenient times to
recharge the air tank. When it is in place in the set that wouldn't be
such a problem as the air compressor can be somewhere far away and
well insulated, but when this is taken to hotels for conventions there
won't be that option.

The client and I agree that the noise of an electric motor is actually
desirable and will add to the effect. I'm even planning on enhancing
the sounds, especially on close.

Steve

ballendo@y... wrote:
> Steve,
>
> How about air cylinders? (double acting would allow you to "lock"
them
> somewhat closed. Probably not necessary) Use a small compressor in
> "bleed" mode. Fast operation, inexpensive, reliable...
> When power goes out, easy to open!
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Ballendo

Discussion Thread