CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Air mist coolant

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2001-01-20 07:21:44 UTC
For my milling machine I just finished designing a new tooling plate for
machining 5.7"X12 .062 alum panels and 6X10X .125 panels. While I was
designing the tooling plate I made a list of things that I wanted it to do
1. be able to drain the flood coolant from the tooling plate to the tee
slots.
2. be able to use the cam operated clamp nuts
3. be automatically aligned parallel to the x axis.
4. be easy to clamp to the tee nuts
5. be easy to clamp various flat sheets
Note that being able to drain the coolant was a prime consideration. The
open sides of the tooling plate will have a extruded plastic channel so I
can easily lay a piece of Plexiglas in the channel for spray control.

Dan
-----Original Message-----
From: ron ginger <ronginger@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com>
Date: Friday, January 19, 2001 2:16 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Air mist coolant

but, in fact, a good mist system puts a LOT less coolant in
>the shop and the air than a flood system, with the tool acting like a
>paddle wheel to spread the stuff around.
>

>ron ginger

Discussion Thread

ron ginger 2001-01-19 14:18:24 UTC Re: Air mist coolant Ian Wright 2001-01-20 02:16:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Air mist coolant Dan Mauch 2001-01-20 07:21:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Air mist coolant dave engvall 2001-01-20 09:09:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Air mist coolant