CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Modular framing

Posted by Doug Fortune
on 2001-01-20 09:03:40 UTC
Greg Nuspel wrote:

> I just got my catalog from Industrial Profile Systems, it looks like an
> ideal system for building a CNC router table. The linear components look
> better than most of the other designs. Does anyone have experience with
> their products, mainly their linear components?

their website is http://www.industrialprofile.com/

Actually, I've found the pricing of non-rolling linear motion components
(ie aluminum/steel rails with plastic/composite bearings) of all those guys
( 80/20, Pacific Bearing, Thomson) to be astronomical, particularly
so as I'm interested in longer lengths (movement to 20 feet). Thats
why I'm making my own system. If its successful (I'll know in a
month) I'll announce more details if anyone is interested. Basically
you'll be able to order a XXY (maybe XXYZ or more robust XXYYYYZ
later) table to custom dimensions, but its more suitable to plasma,
waterjet, cnc router, foam cutting, camera positioning, scanning etc
vs actual metal machining because of its intermediate rigidity.

Doug Fortune

Discussion Thread

Greg Nuspel 2001-01-20 06:08:36 UTC Modular framing Doug Fortune 2001-01-20 09:03:40 UTC Modular framing