CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: DEFLECTION OF SOLID SHAFT

on 2001-01-26 13:13:22 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., andesign2@y... wrote:
> ...I have uploaded an Excel file to the Files folder. I created
> the Excel worksheet to help me figure out the basic solid
> shaftsize I would need to build a small gantry mill...

Nice work, Jason. This will really come in handy. I wonder if you can
give me a little more information on to how to use this worksheet. I
assume that one would divide the total load by two since there are
usually two shafts carrying the load.

Now, the two bearings on each shaft are also sharing the load and are
spaced some distance apart. Does this effect the amount of deflection
in any relevant amount? It seems to me that it would lessen the
effect a bit.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks,
Tom Murray

Discussion Thread

andesign2@y... 2001-01-25 11:22:55 UTC DEFLECTION OF SOLID SHAFT thomasm923@a... 2001-01-26 13:13:22 UTC Re: DEFLECTION OF SOLID SHAFT andesign2@y... 2001-01-26 14:00:35 UTC Re: DEFLECTION OF SOLID SHAFT