CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

re:Re: screwless focuser

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2001-01-26 15:11:48 UTC
Alan wrote:
>Hmm, another VERY good idea. I'd not heard of such a thing before.
>Unfortunately, I may not be able to use it.

You're gonna LIKE my previous post!

>If it works, a simple G01 X1 Y1 should cut my thread. And if it
>doesn't cut deep enough, a G01 X-1 Y-1 will.

You'd better be in G91 (incremental) mode!

>Frankly, I don't understand some of the .. resistance .. to the
>spindle idea, ESPECIALLY from this group.
>I see no drawbacks to a CNC solution to thread cutting short of the
>work involved. Moreover, the work is small - a new faceplate notched
>for a timing belt and a bracket to mount a motor near the spindle is
>all that's required.

You're right about the mechanical ease of doing this. I can't speak
for others, but I was 'against' the idea because I was thinking of a
big, strong spindle motor and the $$$ electronics to run it...

And more so because, at least for the original problem, there
were/are other simpler (IMO) solutions...

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2001-01-26 15:11:48 UTC re:Re: screwless focuser Jon Anderson 2001-01-26 15:57:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:screwless focuser