CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:screwless focuser

Posted by Jon Anderson
on 2001-01-26 15:57:06 UTC
ballendo@... wrote:

> I might even make some "skew-able" fingers for my steady rest, for
> just this sort of thing...

About the time I made a test rig for this setup, I'd bought a
Cuttermaster for sharpening end mills. I found the little "finger"
didn't give a good feel and made pulling the end mill across it rather
jerky. I considered for a while doing exactly that, with an adjustable
set at each end of the housing. After much thought, I decided making a
carbide finger was a lot easier.
Still have wanted to make one of these in a variable lead, just haven't
had the need.

ballendo@y... 2001-01-26 15:11:48 UTC re:Re: screwless focuser Jon Anderson 2001-01-26 15:57:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:screwless focuser