CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

re:indexerLPT

on 2001-02-01 11:07:03 UTC
Jon,

Wouldn't it be just about as simple to run CNCpro or MaxNC? Once the
Gcode is generated, it doesn't take long to teach someone to run either
of these programs. I had seen the Indexer product, before getting
MaxNC, or starting to write my own. If you are building a commercial
software product to sell, I think you have to get a per-copy license.
You COULD make a nice integrated screen to control complex machine
motion, but for what I think you describe, running and re-running a
simple controller program sounds to be more effective, IMO.

In fact, for a simple linear motion, how about Sherline's linear
controller? You program it, and it repeats the moves.

Alan KM6VV

Jon Anderson wrote:

> Ballendo,
>
> I really didn't know much about how LPT worked. Seemed that backlash was
> -doable-, but that's not always the same as desirable...
>
> My interest in the program was for simply feeding linear axis for
> drilling. It's a back-shelf project for a local customer, they have a
> whole line of people spotting and drilling molded medical parts, with
> varying degrees of consistency. Basically I was considering building a
> small benchtop rotary transfer machine, and LPT looked like a good
> option. Maybe someday I'll have time to pursue it.
>
> Jon

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2001-01-31 14:05:26 UTC re:indexerLPT Jon Anderson 2001-01-31 15:26:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:indexerLPT Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-02-01 11:07:03 UTC re:indexerLPT Tim Goldstein 2001-02-01 11:25:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:indexerLPT Jon Anderson 2001-02-01 12:12:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:indexerLPT Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-02-01 12:48:18 UTC re: indexerLPT Tom Eldredge 2001-02-04 05:51:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:indexerLPT