CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wonderboard

Posted by Kenneth Fox
on 2001-02-06 21:36:21 UTC
Put me on your list for the new boards when complete. Thanks, Ken

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug Harrison" <prototype@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 8:36 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Wonderboard

> Hi everyone;
>
> I have had several inquiries about the Wonderboard project recently.
Perhaps it's time to update the group.

> Jon Elson and I developed wonderboard as an interface between a PC running
CNCPro and the machine. It has four step/direction channels, four aux
outputs and five inputs for E-stop and limits.

> I currently have six bare boards that are not spoken for. However, we
have not yet fully tested the functionality. This is why I have been
hesitant to announce them. Two known minor bugs exist in these boards.
They are pin misplacements and can be corrected without much trouble.

> My inability to leave things as they are has me convinced that some
additional changes (and further testing) are necessary before ordering a big
run of production boards. Unfortunately, the profitable end of my business
keeps me from spending the time needed to complete this work. Jon has also
done more than his share.

> The bare production boards will run about $27 each. This is my cost
(including actual development expenses), as was agreed. The six boards I
have now are available if someone is willing to bend a few leads or drill
some holes and run patch traces. If they prove to have intolerable problems
I'll exchange them for new ones when they are finished.

> Contact me off list if you want one. Also, if anyone knows of a simple,
cheap Gerber file translator I would like to hear from you.