CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: GERBER file translator

on 2001-02-07 22:32:10 UTC
Hi,

I use Autogerb ( www.InnovativeCAD.com ) for my file translations. I
do all of my PCB layouts in ACAD. It is a third party .arx
application for Autocad and appears as an ACAD command. It faithfully
reproduces in .grb format anything ACAD2000 can dish out. Very easy
to use and cheap as well ($395 when I bought it). You may wish to
also download their free .gbr viewer Camtastic. Great for checking
gerber files for errors.

If you need a .dxf translated, e-mail it to me and I will send back
a .gbr if it would help.

Mariss
Geckodrive Inc.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., rumancik@m... wrote:
> >Also, if anyone knows of a simple,
> >cheap Gerber file translator I would like to hear from you.
> >
> > Doug (Harrison)
> >

> Doug,
>
> I don't know if this program (CAM EXPERT) is simple or how well it
> works for GERBER but maybe you want to investigate and report
back.
> Others may be interested. CAM EXPERT is written by Andrew Mustun
> (RibbonSoft). I think he is the only programmer involved. The
home
> page says it will convert GERBER, DXF and HP/GL and output DXF,
> HP/GL, G-code, and more (?). I tried importing a dxf file into an
> earlier version a year ago and had some difficulty. For some
reason
> it displayed objects I'd deleted from the file. But I did not
spend
> much time evaluating it.
>
> The cost is $240 for the full version (not exactly cheap). The
> educational version is $80 and is identical. There is also a free
> time-limited download.
>
> http://www.ribbonsoft.com/index.php3
> http://www.ribbonsoft.com/camexpert.php3?body=screenshots
>
> Richard R