CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: PLC's - now Siemens LOGO

on 2001-02-12 04:11:41 UTC
Dear Dave:

LOGO: This toy is not a really PLC it is too slow The up-down counters
would accept only 5 signals per second. But there are plenty
of special functions. And it is a beauty to program on PC.
Only trouble with it is the cable (67$). If you need the update file
to get the Demo version communicating give me a call.

I got the hint from my Electronic supplier, when last year I wanted to
buy a PLC for to refresh my knowledge (12 years out).
He said all the rest is expensive and without free simulation.
I guess he was right.
In the next few weeks I will adapt a program on an automatic
spring lathe that I first tested and run on the LOGO. The client still
didn't decide whether to use a Logo or real PLC. The difference are 1300$.
For me this thing is ok, but that man is not used to modern stuff.

Breakfast is waiting.
Have a nice day
Sven Peter