CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1124

Posted by Andrew Werby
on 2001-02-12 09:23:58 UTC
Message: 6
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:02:27 -0800
From: "Nicholas Carter and Felice Luftschein" <felice@...>
Subject: Re: Good source for MaxNC-10 Belts anyone?

Is it a small (3M) v-belt? Taig sells 12.5" and 20" flat length (if you cut
it and stretched it out, that would be the length) for about $6.80 each
(less from your friendly Taig dealer).

" Does anyone have a good source for replacement belts for the MaxNC-
10? Mine is wearing out after awhile and they look like they should
be alot less expensive than what MaxNC is charging <grin>"
felice@... is Felice Luftschein and Nicholas Carter. See our web pages
http://www.casco.net/~felice

[It's a skinny little Gates belt, actually, with coglike teeth on the
outside. I think they actually are fairly expensive irrespective of MaxNC's
markup, but they will wear better than a fused belt or an O-ring. I'd agree
with Tim and Hans, that the most likely cause of premature wear is the
MaxNC twin-stilt motor mount. We made a replacement mount from a piece of
2" x 3" rectangular section aluminum tube, and it seems to be working
better- no sign of the belt wearing out so far, after about a year of
intermittant use.]

http://www.computersculpture.com

Andrew Werby - United Artworks
Sculpture, Jewelry, and Other Art Stuff
http://unitedartworks.com

Discussion Thread

Andrew Werby 2001-02-12 09:23:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1124