CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport BOSS

fuddham@... wrote:

> I have recently purchased a Series I Boss. I need to replace the
> spindle ballscrew. Where can I find an affordable replacement? I
> have also been reading about some low cost conversions. With this
> being my first adventure in CNC retrofit I would like to get some
> additional information on this particluar conversion and even some
> basic information about matching steppers, power supplies, drivers,
> and software.

Yikes! This is bad news! You can't buy an off-the-shelf part for
this. It may require replacing the whole quill, too. I'm not sure
exactly how the ballscrew is connected to the quill, or if the quill
is an integreal part of the screw. But, other than having it made custom,
the only replacement is going to be an original Bridgeport part.

Why does it need to be replaced? It might be in need of a rebuild,
which will be a lot cheaper.

fuddham@a... 2001-02-14 15:43:37 UTC Bridgeport BOSS Jon Elson 2001-02-15 13:40:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport BOSS jvicars@c... 2001-02-15 17:19:32 UTC Re: Bridgeport BOSS