CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Bridgeport! (a BIGGER brother!)

on 2001-02-16 09:42:51 UTC
Tom,

Thanks for the comments. Would you call it a 4-phase drive, like
MaxNC? That wouldn't be hard to do. That's the way some of my early
stepper drivers were made. Used in Radiation Therapy treatment
machines. Great for parts!

The HEDS-5500 are a good find, I could use another HEDS-6100! I seem to
recall an HCTL 1000, an early quadrature decoder. Two channels per
chip? There are also the U.S. Digital decoders, about $22 ea.

Tom Eldredge wrote:

> Newark Electronics supplies the HEDS-5500 series encoders for about 42.00
> each. They interface perfectly with the HCTL 2020 16 bit quadrature decoder
> counter chips from the same source.
>
> <SNIP>
>
> Alan,
>
> The boss stepper drivers do not take step and direction input. They take
> phase inputs. That is why I made a little board to make these conversions.
>
> Tom Eldredge, Trustee

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-02-14 15:19:51 UTC Re: Bridgeport! (a BIGGER brother!) Tom Eldredge 2001-02-16 03:32:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Bridgeport! (a BIGGER brother!) Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-02-16 09:42:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Bridgeport! (a BIGGER brother!) Tom Eldredge 2001-02-20 03:55:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Bridgeport! (a BIGGER brother!) Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-02-20 13:22:24 UTC Re: Bridgeport! (a BIGGER brother!)