CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Good source for MaxNC-10 Belts anyone + Speed

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2001-02-16 09:01:16 UTC
Terry, the motor is rated at

(Values for servo data test from spec sheets.) These were all the specs I
could get from the OEM
VDC=24
No load RPM=3100
no load current =.22A
stall torque= 108 oz in
stall current=11A
The motor size is
dia=2"
length of motor case=4"
motor shaft dia .236
shaft length is .625"

The motor has a ball bearing motor shaft on the driven end and a bronze
spherical bearing on the other end. I had to modify the motor to add an
encoder mounting plate and encoder.

After I get through with my current batch of orders I plan to move the motor
to the Z axis and see how well it performs moving the sherline Z axis. From
the way it moves the X axis I think it will also be awesome with nearly the
same speed.

Since there was so little interest in the 72 IPM on the X axis, I dropped
the idea of modifying a batch or motor from encoders and selling them.
Especially since there are quite a few steps to modify the motor for the
encoder. What really surprised me was that these motors really perform
better than the pittman gear head motors with the 5.9/1 ratio motor.
Dan