CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yahoo problems

Posted by Rich D.
on 2001-02-17 16:27:30 UTC
John,
The new signup is tricking everbody into creating a new username, etc.
When you try to use your old one, of course, you will be told it's already
in use, because it's you! This proves that you are still in the system.
The new username is the same as the old except you drop the address part.
WAS: joeblow@... IS now: joeblow
The password is the same as before.
All your old setup and groups are there waiting for you.
That's all folks :-)
Rich D.

John Stevenson wrote:

> I have no idea if this will reach the group as I'm using an old egroups
> email address to sent to.
> Today I had to reinstall windows and found I couldn't get back on to the
> CAD_CAM list.
> My original egroups identity got 'lost' in the change over as it said I
> couldn't have it as it was already taken.
> My new one also went the same way tonight so I had to sign on using total
> gobbleygook as any name I typed in was rejected.
> Finally got signed in as something like "mjsdhfdhkssdk"
> Went to post and told I didn't have a valid email address,
> How did Yahoo sent the password then ???
> When I clicked the reply button I got the 'Start a group page' and not a
> reply to a post page.
>
> Last week I passed this group onto a couple of guys who are interested in
> CNC.
> Copy of ones post below:-
>
> "I've tried to join the group you suggest, and I can read the messages OK.
> My brain is obviously unable to cope with the tortuous path to be
> negotiated in order to send messages though. I can sign in but when I
> enter my email address and password, I receive a message saying the
> password is incorrect. I know it's correct so I shant be getting access
> I think. I don,t know why the service providers make things so painful.
> I suppose they want cookies turned on or something. (maybe they like
> ACAD too :-)"
>
> Anyway folks, thanks for the insight I have got from this list over the
> past year and a half but it's too much of a hard job trying to keep up with
> it. Perhaps later if it improves. Cheers,
> John Stevenson
> Nottingham, England.
> --
>
> Regards,
> John Stevenson
> Nottingham, England

Discussion Thread

Tony Jeffree 2001-01-28 01:27:27 UTC Re: Yahoo problems John Stevenson 2001-02-17 14:37:29 UTC Yahoo problems Rich D. 2001-02-17 16:27:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yahoo problems Smoke 2001-02-17 18:00:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yahoo problems Sven Peter, TAD S.A. 2001-02-17 18:57:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yahoo problems Sven Peter, TAD S.A. 2001-03-07 19:25:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yahoo problems dave engvall 2001-03-07 20:50:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yahoo problems Mariss Freimanis 2003-04-02 10:33:43 UTC Yahoo problems Lee Studley 2003-04-02 11:24:53 UTC Re: Yahoo problems Larry Edinger 2003-04-02 16:48:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Yahoo problems