CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Lathe DRO (was What to buy me, oh my)

on 2001-02-22 14:04:59 UTC
John,
you amaze me:
A friend got early last year a Jet (about 9*20) lathe and direct from the cage it should
have gone directly into the junk. He can use it only for roughing jobs.
Finnish >>>impossible 0.001" deep marks every 0.020". After 6 month marks on the bed.

3 month later he bought a conventional high precision lathe for 18 grands.
On it he adjusts a cut 0.0005" on diameter and it takes it of with an incredible finish.
Good Luck with your machines
Sven Peter