CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] newbie questions

on 2001-02-25 06:40:11 UTC
Have a really close look to the machine you are going to buy.
Many of the machines you find in the market were production machines
that ran only on one single spot for 24 ours and got little maintenance.
They look as a beauty but if you push them over there will be one spot on
the bed ways damn worn and so will be the lead screws.
And it is tough work to rescrape and ball screws aren't cheap.
Best check out together with a friend who is in rebuilding. and maintenance.
good luck
Sven Peter