CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Reading axis limit switches with Yeager CncPRO

Posted by carlcnc@s...
on 2001-02-26 13:36:24 UTC
Randy
limits for pro don't need the 5v, try disconnecting that,
also be sure of your pinouts! I spent several hours recently to find I
had a bad sector on a paralell card,pin#10 was not working. Connected
to one of the others [13] and set cfg All OK.

Carl

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., cnc002@a... wrote:
> Hi group:
>
> I am attempting to use CncPRO from Yeager Automation on a machine
with
> existing axis limit switches. However, for some reason the software
doesn't
> appear to be reading them. I am using a switching power supply for
the 5 vdc
> that I am using for the switches but when they are activated, the
software
> doesn't respond. I do have them turned on in the configuration
settings and
> have tried both low and high active settings for reading them. If
anyone has
> used the limit switch feature please let me know if they worked.
Also how
> should the home function work. I assumed that it had to work in
conjunction
> with the limit switches, using them as the reference points however
when I
> press home the axis just keeps on going until it physically is
stopped,
> absolutely no response of any kind when the axis limit switches are
activated.

> I am sure that I am just overlooking somethine simple here but am
not seeing
> the forest for the trees so to say.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Randy A.

Discussion Thread

cnc002@a... 2001-02-26 09:47:48 UTC Reading axis limit switches with Yeager CncPRO carlcnc@s... 2001-02-26 13:36:24 UTC Re: Reading axis limit switches with Yeager CncPRO cnc002@a... 2001-02-26 19:37:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Reading axis limit switches with Yeager CncPRO