CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE:

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 1999-08-08 12:15:45 UTC
Peter,

Let me think what have I made . . . .
Well, not necessarily in correct order,
My wife mad at me
A mess of the cellar
A mess in the rest of the house
A deficit in the bank account
Friends around the world
Parts for my Shoptask (a standing joke on the Shoptask forum)
Did I mention a mess

Seriously, I have made up some tooling for cutting pen barrels to make pens
from kits I got at Hut Products ( http://www.hutproducts.com ), I am right
now cutting tooling to make an airfoil shaped plug to then create carbon
fiber D-box caps out of uni-directional carbon prepreg material. I am also
in the process of making a balsa stripper that is a copy of one sold by Ray
Harlan for cutting very precise straight or tapered strips for indoor
endurance planes and I am working on a mini circular saw using a slitting
blade to cut very precise sheets of balsa. So, like much of my life, much
activity, but not much in the way of finished items to show.

My reason for getting into this machining thing was to make parts for my
free flight modeling activity.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

Tim Goldstein 1999-08-08 12:15:45 UTC RE: