CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: Re: Step resolution question, dividing head

Posted by Jon Anderson
on 2001-03-01 12:55:19 UTC
beer@... wrote:

> Try making your own. Then tell me how you did. I'm in exactly the
> same boat, just about to CNC my ( homemade ) indexing head. I'd like
> a REALLY big pulley, but

This isn't my first choice. The 4:1 ratio on my dividing head works
great for most normal machining, but I can't get many of the fine
increments often needed for gears and toothed pulleys. I'll have to go
borrow one, and all told, I'm WAY ahead if I can buy parts.

IF however, I had to cut one, I'd use a microscope or other good
magnification, and grind a flycutter to match a pulley of similar size
to what I wanted. I really don't want to go there....
I cut a cast iron gear for a friend's Delta lathe once.
It was fun but a lot of work.

Jon Anderson 2001-03-01 12:55:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: Re: Step resolution question, dividing head Ian Wright 2001-03-01 15:51:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: Re: Step resolution question, dividing head ballendo@y... 2001-03-01 18:15:01 UTC Re: Re: Step resolution question, dividing head