CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

makin' pulleys was Re: Step resolution question, dividing head

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2001-03-01 17:38:27 UTC
Alan, Jon,

A 54 hole bolt circle, followed by a circ interp (for the O.D.)
will "make" your HTD pulley... (prob'ly oughta bore a center hole
too <G>) You "could" do some 'real' programming of the "correct"
tooth form but you will discover that the method I've just outlined
will work fine for what you plan to do...

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., beer@s... wrote:
> On 1 Mar, CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y... wrote:
>
> > I'm leaning towards the gear solution myself, or bite the bullet
and
> > make up some custom pulleys.
> >
> > Thoughts ?
>
> Try making your own. Then tell me how you did. I'm in exactly the
> same boat, just about to CNC my ( homemade ) indexing head. I'd
like a
> REALLY big pulley, but
>
> a. they're not available anywhere I can easily find, and
> b. even if they were, I'd never be able to afford one
>
> So making my own looks like my only way out ...
>
> Alan
>
> --
>
> Alan Rothenbush | The Spartans do not ask the number
of the
> Academic Computing Services | enemy, only where they are.
> Simon Fraser University |
> Burnaby, B.C., Canada | Agix of
Sparta

Discussion Thread

beer@s... 2001-03-01 12:50:09 UTC Re: Re: Re: Step resolution question, dividing head ballendo@y... 2001-03-01 17:38:27 UTC makin' pulleys was Re: Step resolution question, dividing head JanRwl@A... 2001-03-01 18:53:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: Re: Step resolution question, dividing head