CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Mcmaster-Carr Ballscrews

on 2001-03-08 09:09:45 UTC
Ok Deon,
I had my fun trying to repair a pre loaded Bridgeport ball screw that somebody intelligent
took apart.
And it was screwy!
If you use a compressible spring (like an O-ring) in between the nuts and don't
block outward movements of the nuts you have one direction smooth with play
as soon you overcome the pre load.
And the other direction stiff and hard. You even may damage the nuts and screw.

If you use hard springs it is very hard to adjust and extremely easy to overtention the nuts.
So when I need ball screws I get them ready and never dismantle them.
Good Luck
Sven Hans-Egbert Peter

PS: Does live still somebody from the von Schimmerigck-family in Tanzania or South Africa?
Hans-Egbert was my granduncle who lived down there.