CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: wood sander rebuilding

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2001-03-09 12:00:13 UTC
Sven,

Danckaert is known and used in the USA. I'd ask your questions to a
used machinery supplier to the woodworking trade. Sutton machinery in
North Carolina is one... Other could be found in FDM magazine, or
modern woodworking. Try penton press online (I don't have the url).

As to your questions, I have seen idlers that aren't crowned on this
type of sander. The tracking is effected by the pivoting tension arm,
with air or electric eye sensing of the belt edge, and with limits to
protect in the event of a torn or broken belt...

I haven't explored the logic in the electrics/pneumatics, but I have
heard/watched them at work. 3hz sounds too fast, but once evey 5
seconds is too slow, IMO. (2hz to .5hz would be my guess)

I don't know enough about your valve question to be of any help
there.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

P.S. When you say that one roller is "worn", how do you know?

P.P.S. As i'm thinking about it, and waving my hand while counting
seconds, maybe 3 hz is not tooo fast. The abrasive PLANERS will cut
better and last longer if the belt oscillates regularly. I've seen
the RESULTS on material I've worked with... FINISHING sanders,
OTOH,oscillate as slowly as possible to minimise crossgrain
scratching.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Sven Peter, TAD S.A." <peteryco@r...>
wrote:
> Hello Woodworkers.
> Its serious I need some help on this.
> The factory (Danckaert, Belgium) broke and I didnt any contact.
> Does anybody have an reasonable design for returning the tensioning
> drums of this Sander?
> Thanks Sven Peter
<snip>

Discussion Thread

Sven Peter, TAD S.A. 2001-03-08 08:43:37 UTC wood sander rebuilding R. T. Robbins 2001-03-08 20:22:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wood sander rebuilding Sven Peter, TAD S.A. 2001-03-09 03:42:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wood sander rebuilding Sven Peter, TAD S.A. 2001-03-09 10:27:00 UTC wood sander rebuilding Sven Peter, TAD S.A. 2001-03-09 10:28:08 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wood sander rebuilding ballendo@y... 2001-03-09 12:00:13 UTC Re: wood sander rebuilding