CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

master 5 "update" suggestions

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2001-03-16 16:04:32 UTC
Art,

Please make this an OPTION, NOT the default...

Sometimes we have drawn it the way(order) we want it cut!

My $.02:

First pass; Have dxf/hpgl import. you've done this already.
2nd pass; Add the OPTION of optomising(shortest path algorithm) the
cut path when imported.
3rd pass; Provide for editing(order of cutting) at the "entity" level.
4th pass; Allow the cut direction to be changed, again working with
entities.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Art Fenerty" <fenerty@h...> wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> For those Master5 users out there, at a customers request,
the DXF import utility has been changed. It now
> calculates the shortest path to cut, by reconfiguring the dxf
drawing. It will swap direction of lines, polylines and arcs, to
> allows for the shortest path possible irregardless of the order in
which they were drawn. I will add this feature to HPGL asap. I will
be gone on vacation starting tommorrow for a week, and hopefully will
be ready to code when I return. Master5 is now over 46 thousand lines
of code and growing rapidly. As a hobby programmer, its been a
draining experience to develop it, but bug reports are now rare, and
hopefully the integrated G-Code editor can be the next priority. Then
hopefully, I can start lathe work (if I can ever start to understand
it. )

Art Fenerty 2001-03-16 09:19:11 UTC ballendo@y... 2001-03-16 16:04:32 UTC master 5 "update" suggestions Art Fenerty 2001-03-16 16:16:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] master 5 "update" suggestions