CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Dremel collet / 4486 Multi-Pro collet

Posted by Bill Griffin
on 2001-03-24 23:03:22 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Doug Fortune <pentam@h...> wrote:
> rab@r... wrote:
>
> > I was going to make a collet closure thingy like on a Dremel and
use
> > it's collets to hold dremel-size tooling in my CNC engraver. Can
> > someone tell me what size of threads the Dremel uses ?

In the past I have used replacment parts obtained very inexpensively
from Dremel to make spindles. I was using a replacment armature, cut
off the armature and keep the collet end, worked out great on high
speed laminate trimmer heads to hold the small tools. I think I was
paying about $12 or $13.00 for the armature.

I think that the newer style tools use a separate collet arrangement
that is coupled to the armature with a plastic internally splined
coupling. I cant imagine this part selling for very much.

Good luck

Bill

Discussion Thread

Doug Fortune 2001-03-19 20:24:15 UTC Dremel collet / 4486 Multi-Pro collet Jerry Kimberlin 2001-03-19 20:41:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Dremel collet / 4486 Multi-Pro collet Bill Griffin 2001-03-24 23:03:22 UTC Re: Dremel collet / 4486 Multi-Pro collet