CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Borders

on 2001-03-25 06:41:38 UTC
you can import the border into Corel and export as a dxf file or a
freeware program.... WinTopo will also generate dxf files from bmps, hope
this helps

Ken
----- Original Message -----
From: "IMService" <imserv@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2001 6:50 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Borders

> > Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:13:47 -0000
> > From: jvicars@...
> >Subject: Borders
> >
> >Is there a source for page borders in .dxf format, or is there a way
> >to get "Word" borders exported somehow as .dxf ?
> >Can anyone help with this?
> >These borders will be cut around text to make plaques, etc.
> >

> A) From Word, insert the clipart border.
>
> Select the border, Edit-Copy
>
> B) Open DesignCad 3000 (Full 3D or Express versions - recently at CompUSA
for $90!)

> Edit Paste
>
> Edit-Selection-Explode (this step is not necessary, but the colors are
preserved when pasting into Vector)

> Edit Copy(set the frame focus to the top view first)
>
> C) Open Vector
>
> Edit-Paste, set the scale and Z depth to the size and location you need,
on the paste dialog.

> Generate the Gcode
>
> Note: My test file generated almost 8500 lines. I then ran the Vector
re-organize function to combine any lines that had a common location. This
is a fairly intensive activity in Vector, so I ran it on our Athlon 900MHZ
machine. It took about 30 minutes, but reduced the total entity count to
just 4700. Arc-Spline fitting further reduced the total entity count to
4300.

> The particular pattern that I picked had a kind of Southwestern-diamond
pattern. Each diamond had about 100+ entities. Had I selected just one of
these, and had it repeat for each of the 40 instances, the entity count
could have been dramatically reduced & just the repeating pattern & the
locations at which to place each would have been sufficient. A Vector
object would handle the collection or grouping, and a locating point for
each occurance of the pattern. If your controller can automatically handle
mirroring and /or rotations, about 200 lines of G-code. Or, Vector could
generate each of the 4 side orientations and these could be called as
subroutines/subprograms for the repetitions for each side. This method
would result in about 500 lines of g-code.

http://209.69.202.197/cadcamedmdro.html