CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: No smoke appeared

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 1999-08-18 19:33:24 UTC
Glad to hear everything went well. I h=just assembled one today to QA my own
kits to make sure that no porduct variations crept it. Mine too woked
perfectly without any rework. Yes 15000 at 63 V is fine. I have put several
complete units together with the power supplies in the same case. It is a
shoe horn job but works fine.
Dan
-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Smith <peter@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com>
Date: Wednesday, August 18, 1999 11:09 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] No smoke appeared

>From: "Peter Smith" <peter@...>
>
>Dan
>Built the stepper board up on Tuesday, (and what a nice piece of kit)
absolutely no problems at all, I did'nt even have any joints to re-solder
(must have been the new soldering iron), tested all axis on the 555 timer at
1 amp, and all ran ok, I checked all the Mossfets with a logic probe and all
appear to be running as they should, the nearest CAP that I could get for
the power supply was 63v 15000uf, I assume this will be OK. Does the
power supply live happily in the same enclosure as the board, or is a
separate case preferable, I have had no end of trouble in the past with
interference and don't want the same problems, I intend to do as much of the
wiring up as I can in screened cable, to prevent this as much as possible,
( does anybody know what the general rules are, (do's and don'ts) regarding
interference when building this sort of equipment),
> Right i'm off to watch Jerry Springer on the TV !!!!! mmmm
orrrr I could fit the heatsinks, yes I think the heatsinks have won.