CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DynaMechtronics CNC conversion, friend needs help..

Posted by Rich D.
on 2001-04-04 23:10:41 UTC
Doug,
I have exactly the same friend (different name) with the exact same mill.
I plan on using Camtronics 3 axis board and CNCPro. The existing
electrical guts will be stripped out except the spindle speed control
and the 24V Lambda supply will be stripped down to just a raw DC
supply. The existing 5V supply will not be used. Hopefully the board
and 24V supply will fit into the existing case plus fan(s) and heatsink.
The motors appear to be belted down nema 17's.
He has AutoCad, so CNCPro and ACE converter ought to do him fine.
What do you think?
Rich D.

dougrasmussen@... wrote:

> Group,
>
> A friend and sometimes customer has one of the small Dyna mills which
> badly needs a conversion to a more friendly control. The existing
> Dyna control is almost impossible to use, not only is it horrible to
> program it doesn't have any offline communication method. The
> converted machine is to be used for small jewelry sized projects in
> relatively soft materials.
>
> To help my friend I'd like to find as simple a conversion method as
> possible, ie no EMC, etc. The machine already has steppers of
> unknown type and drivers which may or may not be accessible to
> control signals from another source.
>
> My friend is not particularly computer literate or elctronically
> savvy, but is willing to learn within reason. I would like an easy
> system to suggest since if the conversion gets too complicated I may
> be dragged into the situation which I don't want in this case. The
> ideal conversion for this person would be the type where you "hook
> the blue wire to the green terminal", etc, etc.
>
> I know at one time Ahha had a conversion available specifically for
> this mill which was of the "hook this wire to..." type. Anyone have
> experience with that? Or any other sugestions requiring that
> approximate level of competence?
>
> thanks,
>
> Doug

Discussion Thread

Rich D. 2001-04-04 23:10:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DynaMechtronics CNC conversion, friend needs help.. Dan Mauch 2001-04-05 07:54:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DynaMechtronics CNC conversion, friend needs help.. dougrasmussen@c... 2001-04-05 08:14:13 UTC Re: DynaMechtronics CNC conversion, friend needs help.. Dan Mauch 2001-04-05 11:01:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: DynaMechtronics CNC conversion, friend needs help..