CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNCpro VS Artisan Vs DeskncWin

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2001-04-05 07:18:31 UTC
It will soon be available. I'm not sure of the price but when we first
started talking about we agreed that the price needed to be <$200

Dan
-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 3:32 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNCpro VS Artisan Vs DeskncWin

>Hi Dan,
>
>What's the serial adapter? Is it available separately?
>
>Alan KM6VV
>
>Dan Mauch wrote:
>>
>> Here is a tease. I have the serial adapter for deskncWin and tested it on
>> few of my gecko and stepper motor drivers. The serial adapter is quite
small
>> and is not much more than a 7805 for use with a wall wart power supply
>> (6-12V) a chip similar to the Max232 and a PIC chip.
>> I connected everything and tested the first axis. I was somewhat
>> disappointed because I was getting 2500 SPS speed from my 5A stepper
motor
>> drivers using DeskNC for Dos and a 450 oz in stepper motor. I was only
>> getting 2000 SPS with deskncwin, Then I started to tweak the
acceleration
>> profile and soon I was running the same motor at 9500SPS in the half step
>> mode. That equals 1425 RPM. It is the fastest I have ever gotten a
program
>> to run one of my steppers on a 36VDC power supply. AWESOME!
>> Desknc for windows uses the EMC program for the G code and many of the
>> functions. Together with the serial adapter it works really well. The
only
>> problems are that Carl has not yet implemented backlash compensation and
>> constant contouring. He hope to have those done soon.
>> Dan

Discussion Thread

Dan Mauch 2001-04-04 07:00:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNCpro VS Artisan Vs DeskncWin Tim Goldstein 2001-04-04 08:33:18 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNCpro VS Artisan Vs DeskncWin Ian Wright 2001-04-04 10:23:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNCpro VS Artisan Vs DeskncWin Dan Mauch 2001-04-04 12:40:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNCpro VS Artisan Vs DeskncWin Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-04-04 15:32:30 UTC Re: CNCpro VS Artisan Vs DeskncWin Dan Mauch 2001-04-05 07:18:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNCpro VS Artisan Vs DeskncWin