CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNCpro VS Artisan Vs DeskncWin

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2001-04-04 07:00:04 UTC
From: IMService <imserv@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 4:28 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNCpro VS Artisan

>>Message: 13
>> Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 11:51:58 -0500
>> From: "Tom Eldredge" <harmonyt@...>
>>Subject: Re: CNCpro VS Artisan
>>

>snip...
>

>The Ah Ha control is a solid control. Fred at IM service (sells Vector)
>>uses it on his equipment. I think that speaks well for it.
>
>Lest there be any confusion about this, IMService presently has an
AllenBradley 8400 on a Machining Center with tool changer, a Fanuc 5 and a
Fanuc 6 on CNC lathes, a Shobot CNC router (4 ft by 8 ft by 6 inch in Z) for
training purposes, and this week we received a Sherline CNC retrofit mill
with a rotary table. The Sherline came in slightly disassembled, but it
does include an Ahha IF card and Artisan software. I have not yet used it,
but plan to have the machine running by the weekend. We WILL provide
feedback about the machine and the controller, but cannot do so at the
present time.

>The look ahead on the Shopbot appears to be about 1200-1500 lines, and it
reloads the buffer in the same sized chunks. It does not directly support
G-code, but can be programmed with G-code using their translator.

>I am personally keeping my eye on the DeskNC for Windows. It looks like it
may have a lot of answers. It is not documented, but I tried a line with a
G41 and got the error message "D word missing". That means that there is
error checking for cutter comp, even if it is based on the flawed logic that
went into EMC. (flame suit on ;-0)

>We plan to show the Sherline with the rotary running, and maybe even
cutting at NAMES. Our class sign up for the night before is still very
light, so if you are planning to attend, please let us know, as we need at
least 5 to have the class.

http://209.69.202.197/cadcamedmdro.html