CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Artisan v. 3.2

Posted by john@x...
on 1999-08-25 07:10:03 UTC
On 25 Aug 1999 11:51:11 -0000, you wrote:

>Message: 4
> Date: 24 Aug 1999 21:42:07 -0000
> From: dgehlsen@...
>Subject: Artisan v. 3.2
>
>The people at http://machinemaster.com are not releasing Artisan version 3.2 yet because of a known problem with tool length compensation.
>They will provide ver. 3.2 if you do not need the tool length comp. The problem is that when you <u>restart</u> a G-code file from the Editor
>or from the Graphic screen, the tool length gets doubled. So if you are using ver. 3.2, you need to be aware of this problem.
>The ahha people are working on this problem.

Darrell and Group
Artisan 3.2 has been released here in the Uk with this 'bug' as we use tool
length comp differently here.
I have no idea why but here in the Uk and in Europe we use G44 as opposed to the
USA using G43.
This means that any errors take the tool away from the work.
Having said that I have had 3.2 for over a year now, mostly in daily use and I
use the restart from editor a lot. In fact it's one of Ahha's better moves this
only doing part of a program.
In all that time I have not had one problem with tool length offset and the
quick and easy way that you can enter tool length is very good.

If Ahha was to make an improvement as far as I am concerned it would be to the
screen interface.
Left hand side is OK but at the top on the right most of the commands are not
necessary and the room could be better used to move everything up and give us
more lines of code showing.
It only shows the present line. It would be nice if you had at least the next 4
or 5 as a look ahead

--
Regards,
John Stevenson