CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Problem with Dyna 2400 CNC milling machine (ARC Problem)

Posted by Elliott Crain
on 2001-04-12 18:51:07 UTC
Lee,
They are the 3 lines that follow the ARC statement.
700 ARC<CR><LF>
701 XC= -3.1515<CR><LF>
702 YC= 1.6165<CR><LF>
703 a= 36.85782<CR><LF>

I just don't understand why the controller would treat these lines any
different than any other statement. There are many other multi-line
statements that it handles just fine, such as:
700 GO X- 5.0110
701 Y- 0.1512

Which means to go to those coordinates in a single diagonal move. This
works fine. You know... I wrote something in a newsgroup (or maybe this
group) a while ago about this machine and was showered with responses
encouraging me to upgrade the controller on this machine. The reasoning had
something to do with a problem in cutting circles if I remember correctly.
I wonder if my problem is related??? By the way, I cannot just pass the ARC
statement without the CR,LF because the machine will not echo "NO ERROR"
like it should unless it sees these EOL identifiers.

Thanks,
Elliott

Elliott Crain 2001-04-12 07:55:19 UTC Problem with Dyna 2400 CNC milling machine (ARC Problem) indigo_red@q... 2001-04-12 08:45:58 UTC Re: Problem with Dyna 2400 CNC milling machine (ARC Problem) crainke@h... 2001-04-12 09:09:48 UTC Re: Problem with Dyna 2400 CNC milling machine (ARC Problem) indigo_red@q... 2001-04-12 12:23:45 UTC Re: Problem with Dyna 2400 CNC milling machine (ARC Problem) Elliott Crain 2001-04-12 18:51:07 UTC Re: Problem with Dyna 2400 CNC milling machine (ARC Problem)