CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: [yeagerautomation] Next step for hobby CNC

Posted by ptengin@a...
on 2001-04-15 19:29:40 UTC
In a message dated 04/15/2001 7:55:34 AM Hawaiian Standard Time,
harmonyt@... writes:

> Peter, please tell us more about your router/tracer/teach program. Is it a
> gantry rig or what? How many axi does it utilize?
>
> Tom Eldredge
> > Joe,
> >
> > We have a huge wood router that we can teach by dragging a stylus over
> the
> > part. In essence, this is like putting a joystick in the nose of the
> machine

Tom,

The machine in question is a Thermwood C-53. It is a gantry router with a
5 X 10 foot bed, a 10 HP spindle and an aux 12 spindle drill head. We got the
optional probe system for it, a Renishaw probe that has feedback capability.
If you grab the probe shank and drag the probe over your part, you can either
automatically record your movements every .??? inches or hit a button to
record locations. This system can also be programmed to do a standard raster
style scan of a given area. When you drag the stylus, the machine moves as
though with a joy stick as the gantry will "follow" your movements. Pretty
neat. It generates a huge amount of data in a short while.

The control is a Thermwood proprietary control that runs under OS/2. The
CNC can accept BASIC like commands along with G-code. Makes it easy to write
routines to cut multiples, automate toolchanging, parametric cutting etc.

Hope this helps.

Peter
THRD, Inc.

Joe Vicars 2001-04-11 11:02:56 UTC Re: [yeagerautomation] Next step for hobby CNC ptengin@a... 2001-04-12 00:47:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: [yeagerautomation] Next step for hobby CNC Tom Eldredge 2001-04-15 10:54:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: [yeagerautomation] Next step for hobby CNC ptengin@a... 2001-04-15 19:29:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: [yeagerautomation] Next step for hobby CNC