CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] I think somebofy got a STEAL on a Monarch 16 x 30" lathe!

Posted by dave engvall
on 2001-04-17 21:33:42 UTC
Jon Elson wrote:

> I was drooling over the Monarch lathe on eBay last night!
> It went for $909!
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=578640496
> Ohhh, that was tempting, but I was just a little worried about moving
> 9000 Lbs of lathe into my basement!
>
> Jon

Hi Jon,
There are good reasons for building a shop building nominally at ground level with a big door so one can move in decent sized
pieces of machinery without pain. I should talk.... had to hire a concrete cutter... to make a door in my shop 6'-6 x 8' so I
could get machinery in. :-)

Sometime a hole in the roof is even better. Local crane and all becomes accessible.

Dave

dave engvall 2001-04-17 21:33:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] I think somebofy got a STEAL on a Monarch 16 x 30" lathe!