CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Varkon

Posted by Dan Falck
on 1999-08-29 17:49:51 UTC
This afternoon, I got Wine (windows emulator for Linux) working and - it
works, sort of. Vector 7 came up but, I couldn't get the CAM portion
working- it locked up. It was probably looking for files. I'll have to
study up on the fine points of file locations, fonts, config files, etc...
But , the whole thing is encouraging! Right now, I am intsalling
CorelDraw, from Linux onto the Windows part of the hard drive. Kind of
weird, but interesting. At least I might be able to use my investment in
Vector.

Dan Falck

At 03:10 PM 8/29/1999 , you wrote:
>From: "Matt Shaver" <mshaver@...>
>
>> From: "Ian W. Wright" <ian@...>
>> I am also considering FreeDraft which
>> looks as though it might be reasonable but, unfortunately, you seem to
>> have to install several other programs first (including a complete
>> graphics package) and, so far, I haven't even mastered this
>> successfully.
>
>I have high hopes for this program as well.
>
>> There is
>> another CAD package whose name I can't remember at the moment but which
>> claims to be a linux replacement for Autocad. This one costs $99.
>
>You are referring to LinuxCAD. I bought it and can testify from my first hand
>experience that it is junk. For another, more in depth review see:
>
>http://pw2.netcom.com/~rwuest/linuxcadreview.html

Discussion Thread

Dan Falck 1999-08-29 06:57:37 UTC Varkon Ian W. Wright 1999-08-29 12:32:51 UTC Re: Varkon Matt Shaver 1999-08-29 13:10:01 UTC Re: Varkon Dan Falck 1999-08-29 17:49:51 UTC Re: Varkon Carles Perello 1999-08-30 02:58:16 UTC Re: Varkon john@x... 1999-08-31 14:31:37 UTC Varkon