CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Check out http://www.users.qwest.net/~kmaxon/page/home.html

on 2001-04-22 21:17:39 UTC
Hi Kenneth,

Good to hear from you! The resist pens sound like good idea. And the
"modified" Gcode certainly seems to fit the "plotter" approach to
PCB's. Good ideas! I'll have to keep them and the "mirror image" in
mind.

The spring holder sounds like a part I need. I'm trying to adapt HP
7475 plotter pins.

Sorry to hear about the bad experience with the package. That would
certainly turn one off on sharing. Yes, I wish everyone was honest
too.

Alan KM6VV

Kenneth Maxon wrote:

> Alan,
>
> On to better things.... The implementation I wrote was for plotting
> PCB's in my milling machine. I used etch resist pens and built a gently
> spring loaded holder. The software can import several different formats
> including DXF and Plot files. Basically I've written code to convert these
> file types to G-Code files which my program can then interpolate with real
> time slop correction. Specifically with the plot files there are move with
> pen down commands and move with pen up commands. I translate these into G0
> & G1 command respectively. When you turn on PCB mode in my code then any
> time it sees a G0 it picks up the pen first, moves and puts it back down
> only if the next command is a G1, G2, or G3 etc. The software also mirrors
> the artwork for the bottom side of the board.
>
> Sorry, the package is not available. Unfortunately one of the members
> of the local robot group here that I used to do projects with changed my
> title screen and sold it to a tool vendor to resell. They never were able
> to remove the hidden copyright notice so when my lawyer called them with a
> cease and desist order they did. Unfortunately that 'guy' for lack of a
> nicer word never got so much as a harsh word. I'm really turned off by the
> whole thing because I don't like being in those sets of circumstances etc.
> Guess I just wish everybody was honest.
>
> -Kenneth
> (Unit 3's in trouble and it's scared out of its wits) -Geddy Lee

Discussion Thread

wanliker@a... 2001-04-19 19:32:24 UTC Check out http://www.users.qwest.net/~kmaxon/page/home.html Kenneth Maxon 2001-04-19 21:32:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Check out http://www.users.qwest.net/~kmaxon/page/home.html Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-04-20 11:15:52 UTC Re: Check out http://www.users.qwest.net/~kmaxon/page/home.html Kenneth Maxon 2001-04-20 19:57:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Check out http://www.users.qwest.net/~kmaxon/page/home.html Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-04-22 21:17:39 UTC Re: Check out http://www.users.qwest.net/~kmaxon/page/home.html