CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: tool nose compensation in lathe.

Posted by Donald Brock
on 2001-04-27 15:23:55 UTC
Good afternoon Aithal,

If you will contact me off line (don.pat.brock@...) I will
scan a few pages from a programmers manual that has graphic examples
as well as formulas for the varius tool nose comps you will need to
compute.

I even have a quick and dirty little program I wrote in C++ that runs
under dos that will compute standard tool nose comp for any tool
radius at any angle.

Donald Brock

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., aithalrajesh@r... wrote:
> hi everybody,
>
> i am extremely glad by the info we have in our mails.
> i have been using a siumerik control based lathe. i am interested
in
> calculating the tool nose compensation manually,especially for
> chamfers and arcs.
> can any one show me how the calculations are done for different
> styles of tool holders. is there any book i can refer to or websit
> can log in.
>
> thankyou all.
>
> aithal rajesh

Discussion Thread