CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Cadkey question

Posted by cadman@p...
on 2001-05-01 16:42:30 UTC
Hi Jon -

I am a Cadkey user from way back. I don't use the solids part of
Cadkey very much. Cadkey97 had many problems since it's the first
release of solids in Cadkey. If you have not updated your Cadkey97 to
97 v102 and v103 for solids I suggest you go to
http://www.cadkey.com/support/technotes/cadkey/index.asp and read
technote #1103, #1112, and #1116. Sometimes just doing a sequence of
things will cause a problem. I am using the newest version of Cadkey
and I guess they have the solids working pretty good now. Can you
send me the file to play with it. I could try some things and maybe I
can bring it back to life. It would be difficult to explain here all
the things I could try.

CADMAN

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Jon Anderson <janders@n...> wrote:
> I know there are a couple CK users here, any of you have experience
with
> the solids? If so, do you know what causes a solid to suddenly no
longer
> act like either a solid or wireframe? Can't edit the part in CK, it
acts
> like a solid, not wireframe. In solids, I can not render, nor export
> SAT, IGES, or STL, it says there are no solids to work with.
> This has happened before. Fortunately I did export an SAT file of my
> desired part to experiment in MillWizard, but the main file in which
I'm
> trying to create both halves of a mold from this part, both the mold
> halves are there but I can't do anything with them. Not sure what I
did
> to screw up the file, but I'd like to avoid repeating it.
> Oh yeah, this is CK97, original release.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

Discussion Thread

Jon Anderson 2001-05-01 10:12:57 UTC Cadkey question cadman@p... 2001-05-01 16:42:30 UTC Re: Cadkey question Andy Olney 2001-05-05 07:12:54 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cadkey question Jon Anderson 2001-05-05 08:39:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cadkey question Andy Olney 2001-05-05 08:49:14 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cadkey question HampshireGraphics@m... 2001-11-24 14:59:09 UTC Re: Cadkey question