CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Cadkey question

on 2001-11-24 14:59:09 UTC
Long time solids user.

Solids are not native CK entities. They are supported by the Spatial
ACIS kernel and stored as collectives. When the ACIS data gets
severed, all that remained is what CK can understand, a wireframe
collective. Since solids tool control is lost, these severed
colletives can be difficult to manage. I have a few CADL routines
that can help to burst or delete them. I have several strategies for
avoiding modeling steps that corrupt and for restoration in corrupted
files.

If you'd like more in-depth coverage of all things CADKEY or would
like to share your application of CK and your expertise, please visit
the CADKEY forums at www.CADchat.com. If you need additional
utilities to help manage yor files or treat corruption, consider
posting on CADchat or visit my CADKEY CADL File webpage at:
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/hampshiregraphics/Util/CADL/CADL.htm

Hampshire Graphics is your full service site for all your CADKEY
modeling, translation and file formatting needs.

Brian Vierstra
Hampshire Graphics
HampshireGraphics@...
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/hampshiregraphics/
phone: 413-586-9307
fax: 413-584-5183

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., cadman@p... wrote:
> Hi Jon -
>
> I am a Cadkey user from way back. I don't use the solids part of
> Cadkey very much. Cadkey97 had many problems since it's the first
> release of solids in Cadkey. If you have not updated your Cadkey97
> 97 v102 and v103 for solids I suggest you go to
> http://www.cadkey.com/support/technotes/cadkey/index.asp and read
> technote #1103, #1112, and #1116. Sometimes just doing a sequence
of
> things will cause a problem. I am using the newest version of
Cadkey
> and I guess they have the solids working pretty good now. Can you
> send me the file to play with it. I could try some things and
maybe I
> can bring it back to life. It would be difficult to explain here
all
> the things I could try.
>
> CADMAN
>

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Jon Anderson <janders@n...> wrote:
> > I know there are a couple CK users here, any of you have
experience
> with
> > the solids? If so, do you know what causes a solid to suddenly no
> longer
> > act like either a solid or wireframe? Can't edit the part in CK,
it
> acts
> > like a solid, not wireframe. In solids, I can not render, nor
export
> > SAT, IGES, or STL, it says there are no solids to work with.
> > This has happened before. Fortunately I did export an SAT file of
my
> > desired part to experiment in MillWizard, but the main file in
which
> I'm
> > trying to create both halves of a mold from this part, both the
mold
> > halves are there but I can't do anything with them. Not sure what
> did
> > to screw up the file, but I'd like to avoid repeating it.
> > Oh yeah, this is CK97, original release.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jon

Discussion Thread

Jon Anderson 2001-05-01 10:12:57 UTC Cadkey question cadman@p... 2001-05-01 16:42:30 UTC Re: Cadkey question Andy Olney 2001-05-05 07:12:54 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cadkey question Jon Anderson 2001-05-05 08:39:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cadkey question Andy Olney 2001-05-05 08:49:14 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cadkey question HampshireGraphics@m... 2001-11-24 14:59:09 UTC Re: Cadkey question