CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re: reliable information and a question about transfor...

Posted by JanRwl@A...
on 2001-05-05 21:00:24 UTC
In a message dated 05-May-01 14:24:19 Central Daylight Time,
elliot@... writes:

> Is there are easy way to wind a secondary on this coil?
>
> or do I have to thread all the wire for each turn through the space where
> the original winding was. Not looking forward to that.

Eliot: First question: No. The welding was done AFTER assembly. Do you
think you could grind the weld-line away with a hand-grinder? Slip out the
laminations, and wind a new coil using a WOODEN "spool" inside the nylon
"bobbin" from which you chiseled the fine secondary wire out, to support it
during turning. Necessary!

So, second question: Yes, but don't! Unless there is a war, and you are the
only person around to "save the good guys" by rebuilding that one transformer!

See my "Transformer article": <A HREF="http://members.tripod.com/~schematics/xform/xformer1.htm">Roll Your Own Power-Transformers!</A>

Jan Rowland, Old Troll

JanRwl@A... 2001-05-05 21:00:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re: reliable information and a question about transfor... Matt Shaver 2001-05-05 21:39:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re: reliable information and a question about transfor...